It’s been a while since I published a blog entry. I have a few in various stages of drafting, but I need a push to get at least one of them out the door. So, rather than wait, please help me by voting on one of these topics. I promise to publish by the end of next week whichever topic gets the most votes. Here are the candidates:
- Why You Should Overpay Your CEO (or, How I Came to Love the Powerball Effect) – income inequality’s unintended consequence on recruiting and retention (NOTE: Jim Smelley’s vote on this topic will not count)
- Build Excellent Software – prioritize adaptability over features
- ‘Mo Progress, ‘Mo Problems – How problem solving creates new problems and how to manage that; all progress requires trade-offs; examples of how LED traffic lights don’t melt snow that accumulates on them, iPhones don’t have physical keyboards, etc.
- The Skills Triangle – Think of the roles of Project Manager, Business Analyst, and Architect; the strongest team members play at least two of those roles at once on every project, so I’ll review the different pairings and how they contribute to project success
- People Who Need People – Asking for help is an amazingly empowering experience