Using our 4 Things™ model
We use our 4 Things™ model to develop practical, innovative solutions. Featured in the book Reboot, this model helps our clients and our people analyze a problem thoroughly, from four key angles.
- What has our strategy been to date – explicit or implicit?
- What are our biggest business and technology threats and opportunities?
- What do we want to achieve as a business?
- How does technology help us achieve those goals?
- How do we make investment decisions?
- How do our applications and products help us compete?
- How do the integrations between our systems help our employees and customers?
- How do we leverage our data and external data as a competitive advantage?
- What is the technical health and associated risk of our technology portfolio?
- Are we taking advantage of infrastructure trends?
- Where are our processes – too mature or not mature enough?
- Do we use industry frameworks or customize our processes?
- Where are our issues and what are their root causes?
- Where can we streamline our ways of working?
- What have we accepted as a way of working that has become inefficient or ineffective?
- Do we have clear ownership of our strategic objectives?
- What capabilities do we need as an organization? What do we have?
- How is our organization working within our broader company?
- Are incentives helping us achieve our goals?
- Are we using external vendors optimally to support our strategic goals?
We are different
We work WITH our clients, not on them
Unlike many firms that talk about strategy, it’s at our core. While we help to implement our recommendations, we start with the goal of understanding your business challenges, understanding your existing goals, and build or enhance your strategy.
Sure, we love socializing with our clients, but our most senior resources aren’t focused purely on the relationship. We get our hands dirty, and we do the work itself. Why hire experts when the day-to-day is delivered by junior resources with only a few years (if that) of experience? Not only do our partners actually do the work – but we expect multiple partners to be involved in delivery.
We are experts in delivering strategy and solutions. You are an expert in your business. While we can bring industry knowledge to our engagements, nobody will know your organization better than you. We are driven by hypotheses that we use to challenge the status quo to drive towards better answers. We don’t work in isolation, you get to see the development of recommendations throughout the process.
What’s it like to work with Thought Ensemble? We are multi-disciplinary. We are flexible. We are idea and hypothesis driven. We don’t have offices – we believe in digital and physical collaboration. And, working together, we have successfully solved some really big challenges.
If you like what we do and want to know more